Wool carpets are a great addition to almost any home.
They are such a product that you can easily add them to almost any type of interior design making them a choice that can easily adapt to your changing desires.
Due to their appearance, wool carpets are great both for traditional and modern homes.
Unfortunately, things are not as perfect as they seem.
Carpet cleaning can be rather bothersome especially when it comes to material such as wool. Stains penetrate deep and even something that is easy to remove (such as coffee stains) can pose quite an issue.
One of the good options is to use a special vacuum for carpets but not everyone has one of those. If you do only surface cleaning, stain will remain deep within and can lead to microorganisms breeding.
So the best choice you got is to thoroughly clean it.
How to clean your wool carpet?
Here are some tips that can help you at any time.
- Wool carpet needs to be cleaned at least twice a week with a vacuum cleaner. Do not use rough brushes as they can easily damage the material. Good vacuum will remove dust mites, hair and filth from the carpet so do not be stingy when purchasing one.
- After cleaning the carpet it is best if you leave it in outside for a bit. You can also shake it to remove things that are deep within.
- If your carpet is clean but it so happens that you spill coffee, wine or some other liquid on it, make sure to use products that are good for stain removal. Another solid option is to use a mild detergent that is mixed with lukewarm water without any substances that will further bleach it.
- Water with detergent shouldn’t be placed directly on it. You also should avoid smudging it and rubbing as it increases the stain. Instead, use a clean fabric that will soak it in.
- When cleaning a stain start from the edges and go towards the center. Again, this is something that will reduce spreading.
- Mineral water is really efficient with stains so it can be also used for carpet cleaning. When you fishing cleaning dirty surfaces, dry out humid place with clean paper towels. Several layers of paper should be left of dirty spot. Make sure they are pressed down so it picks up rest of the moisture.
- If your wool carpet is in a good shape, deep cleaning can be done only once a year. Otherwise, it is better to do it at least twice a year. When it comes to deep cleaning it is best to hire a professional team to help you out.
- Aerosol shampoos are also great. Besides that, there are some other methods that can be used for dry cleaning such as granules and stain removal detergent that will keep carpet clean all the time. After placing dry cleaning product, you will have to vacuum your carpet.
- You need to be very careful as how you’re using products for carpet protection. They should exclusively be used for clean carpets. Otherwise, filth that is present in the carpet will get glued making the next cleaning that much harder.
Wool carpets are a great choice for any home.
Nowadays, when there is so much emphasis on natural solutions, they are a great thing for all families that wish to avoid excessive toxicity that other forms of carpet have.
Always pick those that are made from natural fabric as they are the best choice for your home.
Another good thing about wool as a material is that it absorbs small quantities of moisture from the air. In other words it is perfect for your health as it reduces overall amount of humidity within your house.
When purchasing one make sure to get a carpet with thick ones as they are easy to maintain.
So if you have a wool carpet lying around idly, make sure to use it. This fabric is amazing both in terms of maintenance and cleaning so there is no real reason why you should avoid it.